Welcome to the Mad Cows' blog


Welcome to the Mad Cows' blog!

The Mad Cows is the EUI's female five-a-side soccer team. We play just for fun and absolute beginners are warmly welcomed. Playing with the Mad Cows is a nice way to do some sports and meet new people to share some beers with. The members of the Mad Cows come from all environments and all nationalities: EUI researchers from all the departments, partners, members of the staff and people from outside the EUI world.
See you on the pitch!

10 April 2009

The Mad Cows seen from the goal

After having missed two games because of travelling, I was very happy to go to a match again. In Isabel's absence I had agreed to act as a stand-in goalie, and I have to admit that I didn't feel completely confident as I entered the pitch... But fortunately it turned out that I didn't have any reason to worry. Whilst away I had reports that great things were going on, and last night I was able to see it myself!

Sandra – like the potato (as we say in Norwegian), no matter what position you put her in, you’re sure that she’ll do the job (now even as a striker :-); Costanza – with Costy in defence, the goalie can almost go to sleep; Amy – faster than lightening, and after recent reinforcements of Guinness, now also with dangerous shots on target; Sara – always surrounded by three opponents, she still comes out on top with the ball glued to her feet; Christel – any attempt to get past her on the wing is doomed to failure; Alessandra – we already knew that she had a lot of ‘grinta’ and has a nose for goals, and yesterday she showed that she also has ‘fiato’ as if from another planet.

All I can say is BRAVISSIME MUCCHE!!! It was great watching you (though I discovered that being a goalie is hard on your nerves…)!

Forza Mucche e Buona Pasqua a tutte/i,
:-)Mi Ah (who is wondering how on earth to get on the team after this performance)

No comments:

Post a Comment