Welcome to the Mad Cows' blog


Welcome to the Mad Cows' blog!

The Mad Cows is the EUI's female five-a-side soccer team. We play just for fun and absolute beginners are warmly welcomed. Playing with the Mad Cows is a nice way to do some sports and meet new people to share some beers with. The members of the Mad Cows come from all environments and all nationalities: EUI researchers from all the departments, partners, members of the staff and people from outside the EUI world.
See you on the pitch!

26 February 2009

Pol Curiel 4 - 5 Mad Cows

Dear Ladies,

I am really glad! Great match yesterday evening. I am sorry I cannot be so detailed and brilliant like our special correspondent Jannis, but I can tell you that you were brilliant. I think, it was not your best performance in this season, but I liked very much your will to try to win the match! Although, we were a bit lucky in the last goal, I believed that you/we deserved to win a victory over a team that for all season was in the first positions of our group. We had also some défaillance in defence, where some time there was a bit confusion in the positions and in movements. But, you defeated the several attempts of the opponents to get in our goal area, to shot (they were good in that) and to score! And you were, in a choral way (all together), pushing the opponent defence line and scoring beautiful goals, unless I am mistaken, two by Alessandra and two by Mi Ah and one their own goal but on a strong corner by Alessandra! Especially one goal by Alessandra with a perfect heel pass by Mi Ah, should be reported for the Soccerbook (Manuale del calcio)! Although some mistake, great performance of Isabel, who in her third official match, was confident in her skills that are improving in every match as well as her awareness that the goal area is her property (as I like to say!). Costanza, Kristel and Amy, dominating the defence line took also the chance to go up creating spaces for the two attackers and trying to shot! But besides to be your fun I am also your coach and as such I am obbliged to say that when the opponents, very good opponents, were pushing there was a bit of confusion that helped them to score a couple of their 4 goals. But as I already said, we made mistakes and we will work on them. By the way, in the next training session, let's have few minutes for questions and comments on the nice and less nice things we did during the last match!!!
Ok, as coach and as fun, yesterday I enjoyed a lot, just (I guess) like our loyal supporter Marco also yesterday there!

Bravissime!

Hugs,
Paolo

1 comment:

  1. WOW what a result.
    Greatest compliment from a white, frozen and caotic Moscow.
    I'm in you loose, I'm out you win. ...shall I definitely come only on Mondays for some heavy series of ...addominali???

    Ciao Giovanni

    ReplyDelete